Artist Creates Paintings Which Move Across Realism

Australia based artist Jennifer Allnutt discovered her love for oil painting in 2007 and since then she haven't look back. She painted eyes on collected rocks with her unique style. Soon the painting on rocks becomes internet sensation. We have reached her to know more about her inspiration. Here what she had to say.

More Info: Facebook | Web | Instagram



* How did you find your style? Has it changed since you started?

Still feel like I'm finding my style but I guess I just stubbornly kept painting what I wanted! A lot of people told me what I should paint but I just kept doing what I was interested in. I think my style has changed but more notably my skill level and understanding of paint.


* What inspires you to create these amazing art work?

I find inspiration in books, poetry, music and art history.


* How do you come up with new ideas? Do you have a process?

One of the ways I come up with new ideas is I keep a jar of post it notes with random words I like and pull out a couple randomly to come up with strange combinations and these combinations usually trigger ideas. Got the idea from something similar that David Bowie did.



* Most Challenging Aspect that comes through your work?

One of the most challenging things is to come up with ideas but when you find an idea you're really excited about its the best feeling! Also trying to find the right reference imagery and models is pretty frustrating because it slows down the process.



* What are the future Plans?

Coming up I have a few group exhibitions and I'm currently working towards a duet exhibition with an artist friend at the end of the year.


Have something to add to this story? Share it in the comments.
Powered by Blogger.